Ruby on Rails Developer
Company: SquareOffs LLC
Do you dream about Ruby gems and Amazon Web Services? Then we want to talk to you! The SquareOffs network of publishers is growing quickly and we’re looking for the perfect person to help scale our application and add features as we become the YouTube of Social Polling. If you’re passionate about digital media and growing a massive application that is disrupting the current polling and commenting system online, then SquareOffs is the place for you.
You’ll feel the buzz of Kansas City while working with SquareOffs. Not only will you be an integral part of a talented, fun team, you will be provided with resources within the greater Kansas City startup and professional community.
We are looking for a talented Ruby on Rails developer. Your focus will be development of server-side logic, definition of the central database, ensuring performance, and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
We have a big push for customer facing APIs with the launch of our Wordpress Plugin and Mobile SDK. There will always be something new to work on at SquareOffs – no day is the same.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails 3.2, along with other common libraries
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby 2.1 and its nuances
- Strong understanding of SOLID OOD principles; the Law Of Demeter keeps you up at night
- Good understanding of server-side templating, such as SASS and HAML
- Experience with Angular 1.4 is a plus
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient with git and github (branching for features, pull-request workflow for code review and merging)
- Experience in Heroku, Amazon Web Services, New Relic, and Active Admin is a plus
- Experience migrating from Rails 3.x to 5.x is a plus